Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Christmas in July.........

Phew, this year has gone by way too fast for me.  I still can't believe in two days we will be in August.  This means back to school time.  My youngest son starts his Senior year next week, I'm sooooo not ready!  It will be an empty nest for sure.  I'm trying really hard not to focus on that, but to help him enjoy his last year of high school. 

Last year at this time I told myself I would have my Christmas cards planned and at least started.  July passed, then August, September, October.......  Yep, you guessed it, I didn't get them done.  By the time December rolled around, I had ideas in my head, but they never got passed that.  So this year, I already have two ideas and both are jotted down. 

For this week's project for The Cutting Café, we got to choose from the following three sets:
CHRISTMAS CARD FUN...TEMPLATES - CUTTING FILES,  SNOW GLOBE SHAPED CARD....TEMPLATE - CUTTING FILE,  or the CHRISTMAS CAR...PRINTABLE STAMP.

I chose the Christmas Card Fun/template/cutting file.  As soon as I saw this set, I knew it was the one I would use.  I love Snowflakes!!  My Christmas tree has different sized snowflakes all over it.  So again, when I saw that a snowflake was a choice in this set,  I knew what I was going to do for my card.

This set includes:  12 different Christmas cards. The cards come with a matching size envelope. The card base is approx. a little bigger then 4.5 by 4.5 inches...The set also includes 17 sentiments that go along with the Christmas Cards...This set comes in the following formats: WPC, PDF AND SVG

CHRISTMAS CARD
Here are the card fronts to this set.  Cute, aren't they!?!

 
Supplies Used:
Kraft Card Stock - Hobby Lobby
White Card Stock - Stampin' Up
White Gel Pen - Stampin Up
Double sided tape - Hobby Lobby
Glitter - Hobby Lobby
 
To make this card I used my FAVORITE tool...my silhouette Cameo!!!
I opened the snowflake card in Silhouette Studio.  First, I ungrouped the card and did a copy and paste of the snowflake to a new page.  I then did an offset of the snowflake and moved the offset back over to the card.  I have a tutorial on how to make an offset here.  I made a few more copies of the snowflake and cut them out in white cardstock.  I layered the snowflake with the extra snowflakes that I cut out, giving it some dimension.    
 
Oh, I can't believe I finally found a white gel pen (this is what I used to do the stitch marks on my card).  While ordering some supplies from Stampin' Up, I decided I had better take one last look before finalizing my order.  I couldn't believe it......there they were....WHITE GEL PENS!!!!  I ordered several.  It was the first thing I went to when my order arrived.  I couldn't believe it, they write soooo good AND on the first try.  I'm hooked!!   
 

Here is the pen I used for the stitch marks.

 
 
You can see the dimension of the snow flake here
 
Stop by The Cutting Cafe to see all the great Christmas sets as well as others  And don't forget to stop by The Cutting Café Blog to see other design team's projects and leave a comment to win free sets.
 
Have a great week!! 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. what a fantastic card Tanya....love all the glimmer and I use to use that pen until i switched to my all time favorite sakura white pen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combo of faux and real stitching. Great take on this set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is one better? I might have to check that out!!! Where do you get yours?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading your comments.