Thursday, May 29, 2014

Summertime!

What does Summer mean to you?  Vacations, beaches, swimming pools, shorts, flip flops, etc.  For some it's about baseball games, sunflower seeds and concession stands.   I miss those days, some of which included multiple games, heat, dirt.....well maybe I don't miss all of it. 

Now that my son isn't playing baseball anymore, which saddens me at times, I do have friends with little ones starting the adventure of traveling teams and school ball.  From my experience (from a mom's viewpoint) I enjoyed traveling baseball so much more than school ball. 

When my sons played ball, I didn't own a silhouette machine.  If I had, I would have so made these for myself.  Maybe if we catch a Red Hawk's game or a New York Yankee game sometime.  These were made for my sweet friend/co-worker, Chrissy.  Her little guy started his first traveling team and is keeping them very busy.  I included some for her toes and her son's number and one with the team name. 


 
Isn't this awesome?  You could make a cute package (with your silhouette of course) to put the nail art in and give them as a gift to a baseball mom.  Wouldn't all the team moms love these?
 
 
https://www.mediafire.com/?qoubwbdazbrgnp5
(Click on image to download)
 
 
I used the Silhouette brand red vinyl. 
The cut settings are blade 2, speed 8, thickness 9 or choose vinyl under your cut settings. 
The squares around the stitching are for easy weeding.
You may need to resize them or simply clip them to fit your nails. 
 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great and safe summer!!

 


 

10 comments:

  1. Tanya, this is just too cool! I'm going to my grandson's award ceremony tomorrow night. Thanks so much for the cut file!
    Glenna @ My Paper Craze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Glenna. Your welcome, hope you had a GREAT time!!

      Delete
  2. Tanya, I think this is so cool! What a great way to embellish your nails. And even if baseball isn't your thing, it gets the creative juices running for other ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristy! Yep, I agree...I've done basketball too. I want to do some monogram ones for myself, if I ever get the time.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much Tanya. Granddaughters are gonna love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, these are just too cute! I have to do this since my sons are both in their 3rd round of play-off games this weekend. Would you be willing to share your basketball file too? Both my kids are basketball fanatics too so I would love to try that as well. When you did these, did you put a top coat over the vinyl or did they stick good without it?.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! So glad you like them. I would be glad to send you the basketball ones too. Top coat is highly recommended.

      Delete
    2. I just cut the baseball template this morning and they came out so cute! I can't wait to show them off at the ball field today. Thank you so much for sharing your great work.....love them! Oh, and thank you for the advice about the top coat. I was guessing I would need to do something but didn't know if it would mess up the vinyl stickers.

      Delete
    3. Oh that's GREAT Lori!! So glad they came out. I bet you were the envy of the baseball moms.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading your comments.