Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I know Easter is over...........

I know Easter is over, but I wanted to post a project that I made.  My intentions were to get it done and posted for my project for Peppermint Creative before Easter, not after.  UGH!!!! 

For this craft, I sprayed the top of a parmesan cheese container in a tan color to match the paper that I used.  The paper is from Easter Blossom kit.  I also used one of the ovals from the Gingerbread Frames.  Oh and the bunny from Speckled Egg kit~brights.


I used Silhouette Studio and imported the paper, frame and bunny.  The bunny I cut out of a brown paint chip that I picked up from Wal-Mart some time ago. I did this by importing the bunny from the Easter Blossom kit, select the "trace outer edge" feature and then I cut it out.  I printed a whole page of the paper from the Easter Blossom kit.  For the oval scalloped frame (Gingerbread frames), I used the Select Trace Area feature, click the high pass filter (so that it is unchecked) and then move the threshold slide bar until the area is all highlighted.  Once you do this, select "trace outer edge" button.  You can then move the frame off to the side and fill the "traced" frame with whatever color you like.  I also used the oval to cut an oval in the printed paper that I printed earlier.  For finishing touches, I used two way glue and prisma glitter on the oval.  Hope this helps.

I filled the container with these cute little milk chocolate bunnies. (pictured above)
Don't forget to stop by and check out all of the awesome products that Peppermint Creative has to offer.

Like I said, I know it's after Easter, but maybe you could do this for another holiday or for a gift for a friend.  Fill it with their favorite candy and of course use a birthday theme, or whatever fits the occasion.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading your comments.